Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Abu Dhabi is the largest emirate by size and GDP contribution. Abu Dhabi boasts a large talent pool with a strong focus on science, technology, engineering and entrepreneurship. Dubai is home to some of the tallest buildings in the entire world, including the Burj Khalifa. According to ABiQ data, the UAE construction market is expected to reach a value of USD 40 billion by 2030.
The UAE seems to be a popular region for investors. Which would you invest in first: Abu Dhabi or Dubai?
Why invest in Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Abu Dhabi is the largest emirate by size and GDP contribution. The emirate has become a popular investment location for many international investors. Many investors choose Abu Dhabi for various reasons, including strategic location, innovation, talent, quality of life and infrastructure.
- Strategic location: Owing to its strategic location, Abu Dhabi provides the perfect gateway to various markets across the Middle East, Africa and South Asia.
- Talent: Abu Dhabi boasts a large, vibrant talent pool with a strong focus on science, tech, engineering and entrepreneurship.
- Innovation: Abu Dhabi supports innovators and forward-thinking companies.
Why invest in Dubai?
Dubai is the most populous emirate in the UAE. Dubai has been ranked as one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. For those looking to invest, Dubai has a wealth of opportunities. The many characteristics that make Dubai a popular investment destination include:
- Strong infrastructure: Dubai’s impressive infrastructure is regarded as one of its major strengths. Dubai is home to some of the tallest buildings in the entire world, including the Burj Khalifa.
- Tourism: Pre-COVID-19, Dubai International Airport was one of the busiest airports in the world in terms of international passenger volume. In 2019, Dubai ranked 7th among the world’s most popular cities with 16.33 million tourists.
- Business hub: Dubai is not only the perfect getaway for entering the Middle East and African markets, it also offers a friendly business environment. More than 20,000 foreign businesses, including 124 Fortune 500 organisations, have headquarters in Dubai.
The UAE is the world’s largest construction market, making it one of the fastest-growing regions in the world. The UAE construction market is expected to reach a value of USD 40 billion by 2030.
At ABiQ, we provide validated data and trusted business intelligence covering Africa and the Middle East. We use our unique forecasting and project tracking tool to track projects worth over $6.0 Trillion in UAE, Saudi Arabia, and 54 countries across Africa so that you can stay ahead of your competitors and grow your business. Contact us today to book a free demo now or register to get free access to a light version of our platform.