Job Description / Role
The Researcher’s role is to source and validate key business data through extensive primary and secondary research. This involves pro-active contacting organisations and extracting key information in a structured and organised way. This information is captured using applications primarily Salesforce.com. Secondary research is extensively conducted and a superior understanding of internet search would serve the Researcher well in executing day to day activities.
The main objective of the Researcher is to ensure the accuracy of the content acquired and improve the quality of the service by searching, validating, and entering relevant data that complements the ABiQ service offering and provides additional context to the information and value to the end-user.
The Researcher will conduct primary research by calling and emailing credible sources to validate content. Credible sources would be defined as those who are in authoritative positions and accountable for the information either in:
- Government organisations that deal with the relevant information on a daily basis; or
- Employed by organisations who would own the relevant information
- International accredited research institutions such as:
- World Bank
- UN statistics
- ADB, etc
Secondary research should be limited to organisations websites or data repositories in which the Researcher is aiming to collect information. Research should NOT rely on media organisations or data collators as credible sources of data.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma, Bachelor Degree or higher
- Minimum 2 years Proven experience in a similar role
- Research experience in the business environment is beneficial
- Experience in Africa and/or Emerging Markets is desirable
- Candidates based in Africa will be given preference
Skills & Competencies
- Salesforce (desirable)
- English: Excellent (Spoken/Written)
- French (Spoken/Written) will be given a preferrence
- Excellent formal communication skills
- Excellent networking and teamwork skills essential
- Deadline oriented
- Attention to details
- Ethical attitude
ABiQ tracks business opportunities and supply chain activities in African markets and delivers trusted and transparent data for global foreign investment. We develop clever algorithms to analyse and forecast Africa’s growth rate and identify areas of opportunity for businesses to thrive. We also have a solid team of on-the-ground researchers sourcing and validating trusted data.
Online validated and reliable market intelligence;
Unique and intelligent market forecasts;
Timely and accurate activity updates;
Supply and demand market balance insight
Transparency, competition, and access to info
Knowledge of who is behind businesses and relations with other regional businesses in the region
Accurate up-to-date contact information of all business organisations and people
Send your resume to email@example.com with the job role mentioned in the subject before 31st of March.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.