Opportunities for PPP’s in Africa and the Middle East
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, Africa was working on aligning infrastructure capacity with its growing economy and population. With balance sheets decimated by the impact of COVID-19, African and Middle Eastern governments have limited options to fund much needed critical infrastructure. ”People first” sustainable and resilient PPP’s is potentially an effective solution to developing infrastructure with the Private sector bringing expertise and efficiency as well as much needed funding.
ABiQ is hosting a 2-day roundtable event on 29th and 30th March 2021 in Dubai, UAE. The event focuses on best practices to successfully execute sustainable “people first” PPP projects across Africa and the Middle East.
The platform provides new entrants into Africa and the Middle East an opportunity to quantify substantial opportunities and learn about incentives, raising capital, regulation, and the application of standards & critical initiatives to meet immediate demand.
This roundtable will focus on best practices to successfully execute sustainable “people first” PPP projects across Africa and the Middle East.
The program offer attendees insight into the following:
- PPPs as a tool for development and achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Flexible PPP contracts that can address unexpected events such as COVID-19
- Addressing technological innovation and technological obsolescence and how PPP projects can adapt
- Creating the environment for PPP investors – market outreach and PPP pipelines
- Requirements to formulise successful PPP’s – Hear from experts how a successful PPP should be structured with the minimum requirements and pitfalls to avoid.
- A showcase of desired PPP projects in Africa and the Middle East – Hear from government and private sector entities about their projects
- Private sector finance and its minimum requirements: Hear from investment funds what is required to reach financial closure.