ABiQ outlines The National Development Plan (NDP) 2030, that aims to eliminate poverty and reduce inequality by 2030. The NDP focuses on eliminating poverty by reducing the proportion of households with a monthly income below R419 per person from 39 percent to zero.
ABiQ outlines The National Development Plan 2030.
What is The National Development Plan 2030?
The National Development Plan is South Africa’s socio-economic policy blueprint that aims to eliminate poverty and reduce inequality by 2030. The NDP focuses on:
- Eliminating poverty by reducing the proportion of households with a monthly income below R419 per person from 39 percent to zero.
- Increasing employment to 24 million by 2030.
- Broadening the ownership of assets by the country’s historically disadvantaged groups.
- Promoting and ensuring education opportunities.
- Providing affordable access to healthcare.
- Ensuring effective public transport.
Why invest in South Africa?
South Africa is arguably one of the most promising emerging markets globally. South Africa has a unique combination of first-world infrastructure and an emerging economy. South Africa has the potential to create a strong and dynamic investment environment.
Other reasons to invest in South Africa:
- The cost of doing business in South Africa is favourable, when compared to other emerging markets.
- South Africa has an abundance of natural resources.
- The country has the largest stock exchange in Africa (Johannesburg Stock Exchange: JSE).
- South Africa has shifted from its traditional industries (agriculture) to production and financial services as the main contributors to GDP.
- The tourism and retail sectors have great potential.
- Strategic geographical location making it an ideal hub to access sub-Sahara.
At ABiQ, we provide validated data and trusted business intelligence covering Africa and the Middle East. We use our unique forecasting and project tracking tool to track projects worth over $5.8 Trillion in 68 countries across the Middle East and Africa so that you can stay ahead of your competitors and grow your business.
Want to know more about investment opportunities in South Africa? Contact us here.